| I know, I know, it's the familiar, untelling, knee-jerk answer that you hear left and right, but at this point, this is the only thing i can come up with, until some of the chaos of the first week of classes, unnecessarily complicated registration process and just getting used to my new surroundings and schedule finally settles down. For now, here's an excerpt from my bible of everydayness by Amy Krouse Rosenthal on this very brief and limited one word answer - busy. | ||
How you been? Busy. How’s work? Busy. How was your week? Good. Busy. You name the question, “Busy” is the answer. Yes, yes, I know we are all terribly busy doing terribly important things. But I think more often than not, “Busy” is simply the most acceptable knee-jerk response. Certainly there are more interesting, more original, and more accurate ways to answer the question how are you? How about: I’m hungry for a waffle; I’m envious of my best friend; I’m annoyed by everything that’s broken in my house; I’m itchy. See also: Coffee, Stopping for; Crossing Guard; Nothing | ||
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so true! I know I am certainly guilty of misusing the word 'busy'! "Why didn't you call me?" "Well, you know I've been busy, running around and stuff." It sure sounds nicer than the true answer: "I didn't call because I didn't feel like talking to you because you go on too long about nothing." ;-)
I know I doing something all day, but what?
Anyway, I hope you are doing well being busy. ;-)
Post a Comment